For many families, childcare expenses are among the largest drains on the family budget. Whether you’re considering public, center-based care or private, in-home care, either option will require that you pay a considerable amount in fees or salaries and taxes. For this reason, it’s important that you and your partner make a concerted effort to weigh the merits and drawbacks of each childcare method available to you and their potential impact on your finances. These 30 blogs offer a variety of creative ways to save money and budget for childcare, and may prove to be valuable sources of information for working parents.
Private Care vs. Public Care
Before you begin your search for affordable care, you’ll need to decide which route you’d ideally like to take. There are benefits to both public and private care, as well as areas in which they both have failings. Comparing those benefits and failings to determine what’s best for your child and your family is the first step to building your childcare budget.
- Childcare Options: Pros, Cons and Costs
- 11 Reasons that Daycare is Awesome
- Daycare vs. Nanny: Finding the Right Child Care
- Child Care Choices: Au Pair, Daycare, or Nanny?
- Comparing Child Care: Live-in Nanny versus Daycare
If you’re fortunate enough to have relatives and extended family living in close proximity, family-based care may be a viable option for you. Many parents prefer to have their children cared for by a member of the family, and it may be a more economical option in many cases. However, there are some things you should consider before making the leap to family-based care, as outlined by these five blog entries.
- Family Members as Caregivers: Pros and Cons, Rights and Reimbursements
- 10 Reasons to Hire a Relative as Your Nanny
- 10 Reasons Not to Hire a Relative as Your Nanny
- Childcare – Relatives and Friends
- The Pros and Cons of Choosing Family Members as Daycare Providers
Saving Money on Childcare
These five bloggers offer valuable and practical advice for saving money on childcare in a variety of ways, some of which may or may not be applicable to you or be a feasible option for your family. Taking the time to peruse and consider these bits of advice may lead to significant savings for your family, which will in turn free up a bit more breathing room in the household budget.
- How to Save Money on Childcare
- 14 Ways to Save Money on Childcare
- How to Save Money on Childcare
- Tips for Saving Money on Childcare
- Childcare Costs and Tips
Most Economical Childcare Options
While every parent wants what’s best for their children, there are times when you simply have to make some budget cuts. These five bloggers discuss the most affordable, no-frills childcare options, which may help you find a solution during tough economic times.
- Free-to-Cheap Childcare Options
- Affordable Child Care in Tough Times
- Affordable Child Care Options for the Stay at Home Business Parent
- 8 Ways to Find Affordable Child Care
- How to Find Affordable Child Care
Building a Family Budget
While you’re comparing methods of childcare, evaluating home-based versus center-based care, and taking a look at the best ways to save money on childcare costs, it’s important to know exactly how much your family can afford to pay each month. This requires you to already have a thoroughly-planned and accurate budget in place, a task that these five bloggers offer their advice and hints to help you accomplish.
- Your Family Budget: Step by Step
- How do I Create a Monthly Household Budget?
- How do You Cut Costs in Your Household Budget?
- 10 Money-Saving Tips for Family Budgets
- Building A More Realistic Household Budget
While navigating the world of state and federal tax codes can feel overwhelmingly complicated, there are a few money-saving options and tax credits available to working parents that are forced to pay for childcare. These five bloggers explain the finer points of tax credits and deductions for childcare in language that even laymen can understand.
The frenetic pace of today's world can make it very difficult to remember everything life ...
It's no secret that having children is expensive. From the cost of diapers to the ...
While Valentine’s Day is easily one of the busiest days of the year for a ...
- Hire a Babysitter
- Hire a Nanny Agency
- Hire a Nanny and You Need to Pay Taxes
- Hire a Nanny Cam
- Hire a Nanny Free
- Hire a Nanny from Abroad
- Hire a Nanny Job
- Hire a Nanny Live-In
- Hire a Nanny or Housekeeper?
- Hire a Nanny Part-Time
- Hire a Nanny Payroll
- Hire a Nanny Process
- Hire a Nanny Questions
- Hire a Nanny Requirements
- Hire a Nanny Rules
- Hire a Nanny Website
- Hire a Nanny with a Work Agreement
- Hire an In-Home Nanny
- Nanny Hiring Decisions
- Nanny Search
- Quick Nanny Hiring Guide
- Start a Nanny Business
- The Cost of Hiring a Nanny