Hiring someone to come into your home and work for you on a daily basis can be rather stressful. It takes on a whole new level of stress, however, when that you want that person to also become, in a way, a part of your family by being a nanny to your children. There is a large amount of trust and respect needed on both sides in order for such a relationship to work. Despite that added stress, having a nanny to watch your kids at home can make an enormous impact on your life in positive ways. Here are a few advantages.
- Stability – Your children will have consistency in their environment. They will not need to get up and get dressed to go to day care or some other place. You have peace of mind knowing that the rules they are following are the house rules, and they remain the same whether you are there or not, creating a more stable environment for your children.
- Better health – Since your children will not be in a day care surrounded by other children, they won’t be subjected to the germs that are making their rounds through the schools. Cutting down on the germs and viruses your kids are exposed to means they will have better health.
- Monitoring meals – You know what foods are in your cupboards because you purchased it. This also means you can leave menus for the nanny to follow or you can have her prepare meals on her own. Either way, since you bought the food for the home, you know what your children are eating. This can be especially crucial if there are certain food restrictions for your kids.
- No late fees – If your children were in day care any time you needed a few extra minutes before picking them up you would end up paying late fees. These fees can be end up adding up quickly and being quite prohibitive. This usually isn’t an issue when you have a nanny, especially if you have made arrangements in advance for the occasional late arrival.
- Sick time – Should your kids get sick, you don’t have to haul them out of the house and you don’t have to worry about taking time off. Having a nanny in the house means that they can get the care they need and remain comfortably at home.
- Flexibility – Having a flexible schedule is a significant perk for you if this is included in the contract or you talk to your nanny about it. She might be willing to come in early some days or stay late every now and then while you and your spouse have a date night, or in the event that you need to work late, she might be able to extend her working hours for the day.
- Additional help – You nanny may provide additional help for you if it has been previously discussed or is part of the contract. She may do the kids’ laundry or help them with school work or other tasks. This is a substantial plus to having someone take care of your children in their own home.
- Access – Sometimes it’s gratifying to be home with the kids, but not have to constantly watch them. With a nanny in the home you get to spend time with your children when you want, but you get to be alone when you need time away. You also don’t need to interrupt your quality time with your kids to take care of meals or other things if it is part of the nanny’s duties.
- Less stress – Knowing where your kids are and how they are doing provides peace of mind. If you and your kids like the nanny and trust her, then you can rest assured knowing your kids are in capable hands and a good environment because they are at home with someone you all trust.
- Convenience – Having a nanny take care of the kids at home is such an enormous convenience on so many levels. You know where your kids are; you know exactly who their playmates are; you know their schedule; you know everything you need or want to know about your children. When you’re finished with work, you don’t have to go anywhere but home and your kids are there waiting for you.
When you have a nanny who is keeping your kids for you at home, you have peace of mind. You have immediate access to your children and your children have the comfort of familiar surroundings.
In today’s society, there are many benefits of hiring a nanny:
1. COST. If you have two or more children, it may be cost effective for you to hire a nanny as many daycare centers can cost you more. Also, many families are using “nanny share”. This is an arrangement in which two families share one nanny. This cuts down on costs but you still experience the benefits of having a nanny.
2. HEALTH OF THE CHILDREN. You may have healthier children by keeping them away from the large groups of children typically found in daycare. Germs are easily spread from child to child, so daycare centers can be breeding grounds for every cold and flu of the season. When your children contract illnesses, it takes an emotional toll on both you and your children. Further, they may miss school, you may miss work, and you may incur expenses associated with doctor’s visits and medications. Your children’s exposure to germs, and thus the risks discussed here, can be dramatically diminished by simply using the services of a nanny.
3. WORKPLACE PRODUCTIVITY. If your children are sick, many daycare centers will not accept your children. However, if you have a nanny, you can still go to work as the nanny will stay home with the children. Further, if you have an attentive nanny at home with your children, you will be less likely to feel like you just can’t concentrate at work due to concern for your children. By staying focused at work, your workplace productivity remains high.
4. HOME WORKLOAD DELEGATION. A nanny can help you maintain work/life balance. For example, a nanny can be an extra pair of hands helping with household duties such as laundry, errands, transporting children, and starting the evening meal. This allows for more quality family time when the parents arrive home. No need to rush in the morning to get the kids out the door for daycare or school: a nanny is an extra pair of hands in the morning.
5. MARITAL BONDING. Many parents become so over-committed with the tasks of working full-time on top of parenting, household maintenance, and a host of other daily responsibilities, that tending the marital bond simply isn’t on their radar screen. Years later, it may be too late when the couple realizes that they have grown apart. A nanny can help prevent that. Nannies can watch children in the evenings (which many daycare centers will not do), thus allowing parents an opportunity for a romantic evening out, or maybe just some private just-the-two-of-us time. These relationship-building evenings help maintain the marital bond.
The frenetic pace of today's world can make it very difficult to remember everything life ...
It's no secret that having children is expensive. From the cost of diapers to the ...
While Valentine’s Day is easily one of the busiest days of the year for a ...
- Hire a Babysitter
- Hire a Nanny Agency
- Hire a Nanny and You Need to Pay Taxes
- Hire a Nanny Cam
- Hire a Nanny Free
- Hire a Nanny from Abroad
- Hire a Nanny Job
- Hire a Nanny Live-In
- Hire a Nanny or Housekeeper?
- Hire a Nanny Part-Time
- Hire a Nanny Payroll
- Hire a Nanny Process
- Hire a Nanny Questions
- Hire a Nanny Requirements
- Hire a Nanny Rules
- Hire a Nanny Website
- Hire a Nanny with a Work Agreement
- Hire an In-Home Nanny
- Nanny Hiring Decisions
- Nanny Search
- Quick Nanny Hiring Guide
- Start a Nanny Business
- The Cost of Hiring a Nanny